Starting Your Weed Growing From Seeds
The comprehensive Marijuana Growing Guide — understand how to develop like a pro using the market expert guide from easy420grow.com. You can learn all about the various cannabis strains that exist including the big differences between Sativa’s and Indica’s. You will see what seeds look like when they’re ripe and timeline for germination, including details about popular germination techniques. Germinating each seed properly is the single most important step to a successful garden. I also give great tips on how to grow more female plants from seed (increasing the ratio of female to male). Other questions answered that are on the mind of all growers include those about ordering seeds (safely and securely) and storing seeds for various periods of time. You’ll also get my best recommendations for breeders that are worth having a look at.
- It all starts with the seeds. Knowing how to properly germinate them is crucial.
- Not all seeds are created equal. Some breeders are superb, others not so much.
There are decisions about clones (the positives and negatives of this practice) and mother plants, as well as a step-by-step guide to cloning. There are even some advanced techniques discussed before diving right into transplanting (also listed in easy-to-understand steps). Also covered is the art of pruning and bending your plants for optimum yield (by doing things like pinching back, super cropping, removing lower branches, and the FIM technique). Proper vegetative growth ensures a good start to flowering and increases your chances of a bountiful harvest.
- Cloning is an easy, super fast way to increase your plant numbers.
- Proper pruning techniques can drastically boost the size of your crop.
Learn details about the annual life cycle of the cannabis plant, including all of the differences between male and female weed plants. Dive into the nitty gritty details about flowering and pre-flowering that provide insight into how to get the hardiest and healthiest yields, again and again. The flowering sections of the book are so thorough and full of details that it will make you feel stupid (in a good way, really good). Marijuana plants have specials needs in this phase of growth that differ from the veg stage, so it’s very important to know exactly what to expect and to plan ahead if your ultimate goal is to produce bumper crops.
- The flowering stage is where all the magic happens. Knowing how to properly care for your plants during this period of their lives is imperative to your success.
- Every grower has a different opinion on how you are supposed to flower. It’s important to really know the fundamentals to slowly develop your own techniques.
Read more on: Vegetative and Flowering stages
In this section you’ll find out the key principles to harvesting. Before harvest time there are ways to tell when fertilizer will affect taste. By taking the proper precautions during your grow you can ensure an even-burning product in the end. You’ll learn what the best indicators of harvest time are and how harvesting at different stages can affect the potency and flavor of your crop. You’ll also find a step-by-step guide to manicuring (trimming), drying and curing your buds. You don’t want to miss these tips, we promise!
- Everybody wants their bud to look, smell and taste amazing. That comes with perfecting your harvesting method.
- You can alter the effects of your weed by harvesting at different times.
Grow Rooms & Greenhouses
Learn how to setup a grow room and how to choose the best location for your garden. The pros and cons of all popular areas people choose are explained in great detail. As usual in these awesome guides there is also a step by step tutorial on building a grow space. In this section Jorge touches on the subject of the limiting factors of cannabis plant growth which include air, light, water, nutrients and growing medium. You’ll also find tons, and we mean tons, of excellent info on greenhouses which includes the many different types available as well as mastering climate control in each.
- Choosing the best location to grow your plants is probably the single most important factor in your success.
- Controlling the climate in your garden can sometimes be a daunting task.
Have you ever wondered where in the world the best place is to grow weed outdoors? Well this chapter takes it a step further by explaining how to make your area the best it can possibly be to get growing outside. Everything you need to know about testing the soil in your plot, checking for proper airflow and protecting against pests and diseases is explained in this section. You’ll also learn which strains perform the best in each type of climate. Read about the proper way to water, fertilize and care for your outdoor plants no matter where it is located. There are tips on backyard growing, terrace growing and even guerrilla growing, including important security measures that are crucial to the well-being of your crop. Lastly you’ll be taught how to gauge the right harvest time based on all of your strain-specific and environmental factors.
- Growing outdoors requires a slightly different mindset than growing indoors. There are a few different things to pay attention to.
- Some strains are made to be grown outdoors and will outperform many others.
Lighting, Lamps & Electricity
Here you will learn about everything there is to know regarding indoor light levels, bulb color spectrum’s and marijuana photo periods. Light coverage and intensity could be the most important link in cannabis growing and this section spares no details. Just as critical as the bulb you choose is the type of hood or reflector you put it in. Jorge covers dozens of popular models explaining both the positives and negatives to each design. There are also some great advanced tips for those who already have the basics down, like how to reflect light for optimal use and how to take advantage of light movers for greater efficiency. Then of course there some deep, deep details on the most popular types of indoor lighting to grow weed, which include Fluorescent lights and High Pressure Sodium (HPS) & Metal Hallide (MH) High-Intensity Discharge (HID) lamps.
- Proper lighting is a major indicator of how your garden will perform. Lights used in small spaces are not the same as lights used in large spaces.
- HID lighting has been the standard for decades but LED grow lights are taking the market by storm. However, it may be smarter to wait a little longer before investing in LED equipment.
Soil & Containers
In this chapter you’ll be presented with a thorough introduction to soil growing as well as a full explanation of how pH affects plant growth, possibly the most important aspect of container gardening. You’ll learn about the proper soil temperature that should be maintained and you’ll also get great descriptions of the various types of popular soil mixes and amendments to create the optimal growing medium – these include perlite, pumice, hydro-clay (expanded clay pellets, commonly known as Hydroton), vermiculite, compost, manure, peat, sphagnum peat moss, hypnum peat moss, coconut fiber and much more. Ryan in his book also discusses how to choose the best container shape and size for your unique situation. He gives a lot of awesome info about drainage which is extremely important with this method of cultivation.
- Knowing what’s going on in your soil at all times is super important to the health of your plants. Many problems can be avoided, but also created, in the soil.
- Cannabis will flourish in a wide variety of mediums, but knowing how and when to saturate your medium is crucial.
Water & Nutrients
This is where the really really important stuff is. Plant watering and nutrient application is right up there with lighting as one of the most influential factors in a plant’s success. The first thing Jorge talks about is water quality and how to determine what yours is (the tap water in your local region) before you start a grow. You need to know what’s in there so you know what to add or omit and you’ll learn how to do that in this section. You will also find out the science behind reverse osmosis water (totally pure) and how to create your own using inexpensive equipment for growing plants if the water supply in your area is poor. The proper levels of dissolved solids need to be in your water and in this chapter you’ll be supplied with all the information there is to know on the subject. You’ll also learn various irrigation techniques and how to avoid over-watering or under-watering your garden. For each macro and micro-nutrient that marijuana plants use you’ll find an extremely thorough description with practical information, technical info, deficiency symptoms, toxicity symptoms and the methods of treating both. There is also an awesome section on organic fertilizers with tips on how to use them effectively to increase harvest weight (yield) and enhance the taste and smell of your weed.
- Generally, using tap water in your garden is not a good idea. There are ways to increase the quality of your water before giving it to your plants.
- There are more types of nutrients available than there really should be. Weeding out the bad ones from the good ones will save you loads of time and trouble.
Here you’ll get a great introduction into hydroponics as well as a deep explanation of the different kinds of systems people use (passive and active systems which include Ebb and Flow, Air Table, Deep Water Culture (DWC), Top-Feed Buckets & Rockwool Slabs, NFT, and Aeroponics). Great info is also shared about the types of growing mediums to choose from including Air, Coconut Fiber, Expanded Clay, Lava Rock, Mica, Foam, Gravel, Pumice, Peat moss, Perlite, Rockwool, Sand, Sawdust, Vermiculite and Water. PH is critical in hydroponics and you will learn what the best pH range is for marijuana and how to utilize different meters available to regularly monitor the status of your grow. Hydroponic nutrients (including hydro-organic) are different than those used in soil so learning how to properly use them is very important, and Jorge makes this part a breeze. Also learn about water reservoirs and the ideal temperature range for your solution as well as common nutrient disorders to look out for when growing in this fashion.
- Growing hydroponically has its advantages, but some growers see disadvantages as well.
- It’s all about pH in hydroponics. Maintaining water quality will ensure your plants will be able to utilize the nutrients you feed them.
In this chapter you will learn all the reasons why fresh, clean air is imperative in all types of gardens. When growing indoors having the proper ventilation could mean the difference between success and failure. When we inhale our bodies use the oxygen in the air and when we exhale we release carbon dioxide. Plants, on the other hand, breathe in carbon dioxide (CO2) and release oxygen as a byproduct. Weed plants can utilize much more carbon dioxide than what naturally exists in the atmosphere. Here you will learn different methods of increasing the CO2 levels in your garden. Air movement is also critical to a healthy harvest indoors. Circulation of the air in a grow space also helps prevent many common crop problems and pest infestations. There are dozens of types of fans and air movers on the market for every application imaginable. The proper ventilation also helps regulate grow room temperature and humidity which is essential if you want healthy marijuana plants. When you are trying to learn how to grow weed indoors you must thoroughly plan out how you will ventilate your space. You also need to educate yourself on products such as ozone generators and carbon filters to reduce or eliminate unwanted odors in and around your grow room.
- Outside, Mother Nature pretty much takes care of ventilating your garden. However, when growing indoors you must do everything possible to maintain air quality and temperature.
- Heat buildup is a very common problem with indoor gardens. Buying the right fans and ventilation equipment in the beginning will save you a headache later on.
So if you are truly serious about growing some really good weed Ryan’s Marijuana Growing Guide will literally give you every detail from the professionals that you need to know about growing high quality marijuana fast with big yields.